SIX lifeboats and an aircraft launched earlier today as part of a search for a missing fishing boat off the North Wales coast.
The search began following concerns for an overdue fishing vessel at about 10.30am on Thursday, January 28.
Three fisherman are believed to be onboard on the boat.
Lifeboats from Llandudno were launched at about 10.30am and were followed by crews in Conwy, Rhyl and Beaumaris.
A Coastguard Rescue Helicopter and a fixed wing aircraft were also called to the incident.
“A search got underway off the coast of North Wales this morning following concerns for an overdue fishing vessel with three people onboard,” an RNLI spokesperson said.
“The all-weather Shannon class lifeboat and inshore lifeboat from Llandudno were launched around 10.30am this morning.
“Volunteer crews were requested by Holyhead Coastguard to search an area off Llanddulas.
“The inshore RNLI lifeboat from Conwy was launched at 10.48am to assist in the search. The Shannon class lifeboat and inshore lifeboat from Rhyl launched at 11.10am to assist in the search, which also includes a Coastguard Rescue Helicopter and a fixed wing aircraft.
“This afternoon at 2.30pm an Atlantic 85 from Beaumaris was launched to search around the Puffin Island area.”
Rhyl RNLI posted on Facebook: “Hoylake all-weather lifeboat were requested to assist in the search this afternoon.
“The Shannon class all-weather lifeboat launched just after 5pm.”
Just after 9.30pm, the HM Coastguard said the search had been suspended.
They tweeted: “The search for the three fishermen missing off the coast of Conwy has been suspended for the night with a further search planned for first light tomorrow.”
The search for the 3 fishermen missing off the coast of Conwy has been suspended for the night with a further search planned for first light tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/19L2Rk68NK
— HM Coastguard (@HMCoastguard) January 28, 2021
North Wales Police were unable to comment.
Videos: Luw Jones